My Button!

Followers

Sunday, October 5, 2014

White Pumpkin Challenge

I was invited to participate in Fox4 KC morning show's White Pumpkin decorating challenge.  The challenge was extended to 4 local/crafty ladies to decorate a white pumpkin (no rules).
What a great way to kick off October! 

I actually had a really hard time deciding between about 4 different designs so I went for a two pumpkin look!  Hey, when there are no rules I'm going to go all in.  

Pumpkin #1- Mod Podge Pumpkin
Items Needed:

  • White pumpkin-  I used faux carvable pumpkins.  I got them at Michaels at 50% off.  Depending on the size you want (there are 4 sizes) they range from $5-$12 at the discounted price.
  • Printer
  • Material-  I used a black and white Damask print
  • Mod Podge- I used a Matte finish.
  • Misc-  paint brush & scissors  




     

Pumpkin #2- Butterfly Swarm
Items Needed-
  • White Pumpkin:  I used faux and real for this style.  Both worked equally well.
  • Black Paper
  • Butterfly Punch:  They carry these at Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Joann. Don't forget to use a coupon.
  • Faux Butterflies:  There are tons to choose from in various sizes and shapes.  I used a Monarch butterfly from Hobby Lobby. You can find them at Michaels as well
  • Misc:  black spray paint, hot glue gun & glue.




I loved the way everything turned out. I have a really adorable center piece on my dining room table now! Thanks Fox4 KC for inviting me.  


Watch the TV segment here:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment