My Button!

Followers

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Polka Dot Tennis Shoes

This is an idea Mindy from Cute Girls Hairstyles and another of my good friends pinned on Pinterest.  There were actually a couple of different pictures in different colors that were super cute.  But I have no idea where to get them.  If I can't try them on it's hard for me to buy shoes online.  So like so many other things in my life I thought, "what the heck, I can make those!"

Items needed for this project:

  • Canvas tennis shoe-  They can be any color and any brand.  If you have white you can paint them to be what ever color you want!  For the past couple of years, Wal Mart has carried a $5 converse knock off that I have really loved.   But I am not sure they are going to keep that up.  I have also painted a few pair of TOMS shoes for my older daughters.
  • Craft Paint- Regular craft paint found in most craft stores as well as Wal Mart.
  • Round Sponge polka dot tool- I found multiple sizes at Hobby Lobby, Joann, Michaels, and Wal Mart. They are usually on the same isle as the craft paint.
  • Water Proof spray-  I like to spray my shoes with a water proof protectant when finished painting.  It can be found at most stores that sell shoes.  

 This pair I bought at Payless Shoe Source already grey.


I love the different color sections on this pair.  


This pair was originally white.  I painted them yellow!  

I don't know why but I just absolutely love painting shoes.  Its so fun!  I hope this is as easy for you as I know it can be.  You can find other shoe painting videos on my youtube channel.  Click on the YouTube button at the top of this page to see other designs I have demonstrated.  

As always, good luck!  Feel free to post pictures of your painted shoes on https://www.facebook.com/pages/Show-Me-Cute







No comments:

Post a Comment