My Button!

Followers

Monday, April 9, 2012

Painted Picture Frame

Hi Everyone!


Very first, I want to say "I know this video is long...."  However, I tried every thing I could think of to give you the bare bones of what you need to know.  This is definitely a more complicated or advanced project.  There is a beginner version... you could do the frame solid with a simple outline and I show you how to do that as well.


If you watch my College Girl Bedroom video this is the same frame only in white instead of the teal I used in that room.  Each color is going to turn out different.  I think after all said and done, I love the blue much better.  But they all have their own unique look and feel.  


Items Needed For This Project:

  • Craft Paint-  Colors needed will depend on your desire.  For this project I used white, brown, and black. Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Joann, Wal Mart.
  • Craft Brushes-  I use a multi pack found on the same isle as the craft paint at craft supply stores.  
  • Pencil & Sharpie
  • Ruler
  • Paper Towels, or old cotton cloth



*Things I learned.... A darker base color is more forgiving to the antique process, textured walls make a better antique look, and starting late in the day is not good on my creative process!  Start fresh! :)

Good Luck!






No comments:

Post a Comment