My Button!

Followers

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Button Rings

I know some of you have been wondering where the heck I have been the last week or so. I've been so completely swamped with family and work and life! We've been just busy with soccer and parent/teacher conferences, etc.  I'm so sorry it has been so long between posts.  No worries though... I have ideas running constant in my brain.  Crafting, decorating, baking, and shopping is what keeps me going. It's my life!

I saw this idea for making rings out of Antique buttons... they were so cute! But I don't have any antique buttons. So I have been looking for buttons everywhere I go. I go to antique stores often, but haven't found good buttons yet. I'm still hunting!

When I started looking for buttons, I found that there are so many things you can use to make rings. My little sister made a bunch of rings out of old necklace pendants she didn't use anymore. They made super cute rings!

For this project you will need:
  • Buttons ( fabric stores! )
  • Ring Base ( I found them at Michaels, Hobby Lobby and Joann's.  My favorite were at wide band from Joann's.  Michaels were least desirable. )
  • Jewelry Glue ( jewelry section at your craft store )
  • Wire Cutters
  • Metal File (can be found at local hardware store )

You will find more button selection at fabric stores.  I found a bunch at Joann's.  Don't forget to take your coupon with you as buttons can be a little more $$ than you would think sometimes.  You can print coupons off their website.  I pull them up on my iphone and just show the cashier.

Make sure to look at the back of the button to make sure it has a surface that will work for a ring.  I bought a couple that were domed on the back and don't work.

I would recommend taking your rings off when you wash your hands or get your hands wet, as it will preserve the metal longer. I hope you have as much fun as I have!  
I would love to see what you come up with.  Go to my facebook (showmecute) page and post your photos!

6 comments:

  1. That's Amazing ! :D
    thank u

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the domed ones, could you maybe glue heavy cardboard to them and then stick them on the ring, I wonder? I DEFINITELY plan to try this project. I love your Youtube channel so, so much. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. show me cute that what you do :) 8) lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. you could do that i all ready did it like that and they a came out cute i were them all the time Beth. good luck doing them. 8) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. where did you get the rings that you are wearing in the video?? super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bow ring is from Forever 21. You should be able to still find it. The other ring I got at H&M last year. I love them both and both were cheap!

    ReplyDelete