My Button!

Followers

Monday, October 10, 2011

DIY Body Scrub!

Recently, a friend mentioned she had "made" some body scrub. I thought, "hmmm...I can do that". So I found a few recipes online and gave it a try. It's so much fun! There are so many recipes you are sure to find one that sounds yummy to you. AND...some of them are made from ingredients you may already have in your cupboard. There are also recipes that you may need to do some shopping for the ingredients.
Items needed:
  • Small jar.  ( I found the most variety at Hobby Lobby. Other stores you can try are Joann, Michaels, Wal-Mart, Target.  You can ever use small canning jars that some grocery stores carry as well.)
  • Cute ribbon and tag (if giving as a gift)
  • For Scrub items: follow recipe.


B
rown Sugar Vanilla Body Scrub
2 cups Brown Sugar
1 cup Granulated Sugar (white sugar)
1 cup Sunflower oil (You can use olive oil or essential oils as well)
1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
Citrus Body Scrub
1 cup Sea Salt
1/4 cup Almond Oil ( You can substitute Olive Oil )
1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice or Lemon Zest
1/2 teaspoon Orange Zest
You can find essential, almond, or sunflower oils at your local vitamin or nutrition store
You can also find scented drops at craft stores such as Hobby Lobby and Michaels.  When in doubt!  Go to google!  Google is my friend for everything.
Happy exfoliating!

7 comments:

  1. Great idea for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can u use vegi Oil would that count as and enstinal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I made the brown sugar and vanilla one for Christmas gifts for my sisters :) I'm sure they'll love it! Thanks for a great website and a fantastic YouTube channel! Greetings from Norway :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love going to Value Village and DI type stores to see if I can find old bottles and jars there and they usually have lots of interesting ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wanting to do this for years, but keep spacing out, I guess! Thanks for the recipes, I WILL be doing this, this holiday season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Should we practice a few times before gifting or is it simple enough to not get it wrong ? Also, this may seem like a silly question, but how do you apply it to your body ? Like would you use a loofa or a face washer ? Great Idea! xx

    ReplyDelete