My Button!

Followers

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Winter Fireplace Decor

This is an idea I have seen several times and am super excited to share.  Several fans have asked for ideas that are inexpensive.  This is one that can be done for free! Minus the lights... Anyone can do this by going outside and trimming some trees.  

Items Needed For This Project:

  • 8-10 Tree Logs:  I went out to our wood pile and picked out a few logs that I thought would work.  If you don't have wood or trees, here are a few suggestions.  Ask a friend or family member that have trees if you can come out and do some trimming.  If that is not an option it might cost you to check your local hobby store in the floral department.  And last.... google, google google!  I use google almost daily if not multiple times a day to look up information in my area or online options.
  • Pine Branches:  I used three different types.  These can be cut yourself or check local grocers/hobby stores for fresh or faux branches.  
  • Optional:  Pinecones (Try looking for these at a local park even!) LED lights, Tealights
  • Wooden Crate: I used one purchased at Michaels.  They have full or half size crates in unfinished wood.  You can paint any color you wish!  Don't forget a coupon. Never pay full price.  If a wooden crate isn't your style try an urn, metal tub, etc.  Don't be afraid to use your imagination.









No comments:

Post a Comment