I've been told that these fabric bows are "the" thing to wear right now. I'm all about the fashion so I asked my momma the best way to do a "no sew" bow and this is what we came up with. I have the best mom. She has been sewing since she was like 8. At 10 she was sewing clothes for her little sister. How amazing is that? She made all her prom dresses and even her beautiful wedding dress! When I was growing up she made tons of my clothes. I never owned a store bought dress until I left home after high school. I am so lucky to have a mom that taught me such amazing skills. I love her.
Items Needed For This Project:
- Fabric: I used a piece that was 12" X 5" and a strip for the middle measuring 1.5" X 4"
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Hair Clip: You can find these at craft stores, WalMart or even Beauty Supply stores like Sally Beauty. Choose whatever style works best for your hair.
- Twist Tie: I used a pipe cleaner to hold the middle of my bow secure.
Puffy Mustache Supplies:
- Black Felt: find it for like $.25 a sheet at craft store, fabric store or WalMart.
- Quilt Batting: Check same stores as listed above.
- Black Thread
I am so excited to make many more of these bows. I am thinking lace and polka dots and burlap..... endless ideas! I would love to see your creations. Post pictures on my showmecute Facebook page or email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org