My Button!

Followers

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Hair Accessory Storage

Hi everyone!  I have needed to do some cleaning/organizing for quite awhile.  I love organization but I hate doing the work so I tend to procrastinate.  Spring is here, so with sun and warmth it gets my cleaning & organization juices flowing.  

When I was growing up my mom had a system that worked pretty well.  I hated it as a child/teenager but as a adult/mom it is genius!  When school was out for the summer she would assign us various jobs/chores every day.  ( We had jobs every day during school as well but these were extra jobs. )  I was assigned one cupboard or drawer a day.  I was to pull everything out, sweep out and wipe down the cupboard or drawer, then put things back neatly.  If things needed to be thrown away or better organized she would supervise.  

The genius about the process was this:  1.) Doing it one a day was quick.  It may only take 5-10 minutes depending on the drawer or cupboard.  Kids can handle that.  2.) It taught us how to clean and organize.  3.)  She got clean cupboards and drawers! 

This post/video is a organization tip that may help you in your quest for cleanliness, organization, or perhaps more space!  
Needed: over the door shoe organizer. I found mine at Wal-Mart for $5.  Target had some but the pockets were not clear.  I wanted clear so I could see what was in the pockets.  You could try any store that carries closet organization products. i.e... Bed Bath & Beyond, Kohls, Joann, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc. 




Look how lovely my drawers look now!
(the before was a massive mound of confusion and far too embarrassing to share)


My mom  was a very good teacher of organization and cleanliness.  I am such a lucky girl.  I am so very grateful for her.  With Mother's Day coming soon I want to publicly say how much I love her and what a great Mother she is.




No comments:

Post a Comment