My Button!

Followers

Sunday, July 14, 2013

DIY Henna



The CGH crew has come to visit!  I am a happy girl this week.  The volume in my house has gone up 150% but worth every bit of stress.  Mindy is not my sister but I love her like my sisters and love the kids like my nieces and nephews.  We have a whole list of things to do this week and will share as much as possible with you. We started the weekend off with Henna and wanted to share with you!



Items Needed For This Project:


  • Henna Kit/Supplies:  I purchased mine at Urban Outfitters.  If you don't have a store near you it is available online at urban outfitters.com  I have tried a kit from Michaels but it was not as easy to use.  Another option would be to go to an Indian Store and ask for Henna powder and ask for directions.  







From my personal experience, the Henna lasts from 1-3 weeks.  Everybody's skin is different  so you will just have to experiment to see how long your Henna will last.  The beauty of the kit from Urban Outfitters is the simplicity, supplies provided and patterns provided.  

I had alot of fun looking at such beautiful designs by going to google images and searching "henna design".   It is such beautiful art with significant meaning to some people and cultures.  I respect and in no way want to mock something that has religious meaning to others.  Henna is very beautiful to me.  Have a wonderful summer.  Make good memories with your loved ones!




No comments:

Post a Comment