This project was really fun and satisfying. I am positive you will brighten someone's YEAR with one of these babies. These would be perfect to send in the mail, give to teachers, friends, co-workers, or use as a card on a gift just to kick... it... up!
ITEMS NEEDED FOR THIS PROJECT:
- Sponge: I got the big utility sponges at Home Depot. You can also fine them in the automotive sections of Target or WalMart.
- Spray Paint- I personally prefer the pink and brown results. But feel free to try white, yellow or even red!
- Caulking: This can be found at hardware stores. It comes in several colors. Brown, white, cream, etc. You want the acrylic caulking. Some are faster drying and that helps too.
- Serrated Knife
- Razor Blade or X-acto Knife
- Card Stock: I used what I had and happen to be able to match colors to my cake color.
- Spray Adhesive: can be found at craft stores, hardware stores, etc.
- Disposable Decorator Bag or Plastic Baggie
- Misc: Scissors, Sharpie, Ruler, Spatula or Butter Knife
- Optional: Decorator Tips, Sprinkles
- Stamps: When you want to mail it! Check with your post office for pricing.
If you want to leave a comment and tell me when your birth date is…. I will be selecting a few and sending random Birthday Postcards this month! I would love to see what you make from ShowMeCute, please tag me in your photos on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. You can find links at the top of this blog!