I have a love obsession with all thing pink & gold right now. So when a friend of mine found out she was having a Baby Girl I quickly volunteered to host her shower. I was super excited to utilize the stuff going on in my brain. This past week was the big event and I wanted to share these ideas with all of you. This theme could be for a birthday or graduation party as well.
Where Did I Get My Supplies:
- Metallic Gold Polka Dot Burlap: Joann Fabric Store has this in several colors. It was love at first sight for me. In video I used three yards. My table is about 7 feet long.
- Pink Satin Fabric: Hobby Lobby but most fabric stores will carry this. I used 1.5 yards.
- White Lace trim Cake Stands: Hobby Lobby. Again, love at first sight. I just had to wait a week until they were 50% off.
- Giant Gold Sequins: Hobby Lobby
- Tissue: Target has a really pale pink right now that is perfect. It's not the brighter baby pink, it is softer and lighter pink or blush. I used gold and cream as well.
- Centerpiece: I took a glass cylinder vase and taped off a chevron pattern. Brushed on my handy dandy mod podge and sprinkled with fine gold glitter. This took a long time to tape off but was so worth the cute result. The tissue flowers I made just like giant tissue pom flowers with a slight difference. I used multiple colors and less sheets of tissue. The pink flowers have a tulle center. Let me know if you would like to see a tutorial for this centerpiece.
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- "To Die For" Blueberry Muffins
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Banana Bread
- Apple Cake
- Crustless Quiche
- Mini Chocolate Cupcakes w/ Raspberry Cream Cheese Icing
- Lemon Mint Water
- Raspberry Lemonade
I am in the middle of planning a Graduation party for my second daughter Megan. We plan to re-use some of these things and add another color. I will post pictures of that event after.