My Button!

Followers

Monday, April 7, 2014

Autism Awareness & DIY

I come from a very large family.  I have 5 siblings and 21 nieces and nephews.  I love them, each and every one!  Like most families though, we have a few special needs within our group.  


April is Autism Awareness Month and because I have a special place in my heart for Autism, I wanted to help raise awareness.  Awareness of what Autism is, awareness of how you can help, and most important to remind us all to be kind, patient and loving to these special people in our lives.  To learn about what Autism is go to autismspeaks.org



After I posted something about Autism on instagram, I had such a huge response and even some fans asking for ideas to show your support and love.  So I decided to share the following ideas.  



ITEMS NEEDED FOR T-SHIRT:


  • T-SHIRT- I got mine at Hobby Lobby.  You can use any shirt new or used. I chose blue because it is the official Autism color.
  • Iron-on Transfer Sheet:  Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Joann, and even WalMart carry several options.  I found mine at Hobby Lobby with a fuzzy texture.  You could use the printable kind as well as the cute glitter colors I used in previous Valentine projects.
  • Misc:  scissors, sharpie, iron, puzzle piece pattern ( download and print from google images)
ITEMS NEEDED FOR JEWELRY:
  • Jewelry Parts:  Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Joann, and Walmart carry these type pieces.  They come in all different shapes and sizes.  See pictures and video for my choices.
  • Mod Podge Dimensional Magic Glue: Find this at stores that carry Mod Podge. (Hobby Lobby, Joann, Michaels, WalMart, etc.)
  • Misc:  scissors, paper, puzzle piece pattern (I just downloaded from google images and printed at a smaller % than original)
                                      








I love my Stone.  I can't imagine life without him and the joy he brings to everyone in his life.  We are so lucky to have him in our family.  


1 comment: