My Button!

Followers

Sunday, May 18, 2014

DIY Fabric Covered Books

My daughter Bella has really jumped into drawing.  (It makes me so happy) She did a wax museum  for school and was chosen to portray Walt Disney.  I was so impressed by her immersion into the project.  
She needed a few props for her big day so we chose a sketch book as one.  Bella drew a picture of Mickey Mouse and it clicked on something for her because she has been intent ever since.  
With one sketch book full, she asks me to get another.  So when I stumbled on a few different photos of fabric covered books I knew just what I wanted to do! 

I am giving them to her for her hobby and as added color and decor for her bedroom. I think these would be a great summer project for anyone to have fun with.  They would also give a cute and more personal touch to a gift for someone.  

ITEMS NEEDED FOR THIS PROJECT:

  • Book: Any book you choose.  I am covering some sketchbooks I purchased at Hobby Lobby.
  • Fabric:  You want you use thin fabric.  A decorator or canvas would get too bulky.  The amount needed depends on the size of your book.  So measure your book and then you will know the right amount.
  • Mod Podge:  Spray Adhesive could also be used.  I just don't really like to use it a lot as it gets everywhere!
  • Misc: scissors, paint brush, butter knife or flat screw driver









I would love to see your finished projects! Please share with me on my social media links at the top of this page.  

No comments:

Post a Comment