My Button!

Followers

Sunday, May 4, 2014

DIY Dream Catcher

A couple of weeks ago I did a bedroom tour of my daughter Megan's bedroom.  We made a ton of things for her bohemian room.  Fans have asked for a tutorial for several things shown in the video, one being her giant dream catcher.  

I found this idea which is a mini/simplified version of hers.  (You can add to this version to replicate Megans') I hope you can understand that it was a long complicated process to make the Megans' and would be too difficult to teach in a short video.  I think by showing you the basics you can add and customize for your space.

ITEMS NEEDED FOR THIS PROJECT:

  • Wreath- I used a 6" grapevine wreath purchased from Joann etc.  You can find them at most craft stores that have a floral section.
  • Crochet Doily- If you have one from Grandma use it!  It would be far more special.  But if you need to buy one go to Joanns. They have several sizes, I used the smallest at about 3".
  • Needle & Thread
  • Ribbons-  I used a variety of twine, yarn, leather, & string.  Use your imagination or whatever you have on hand.  
  • Misc- wire, scissors 








Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment