My Button!

Followers

Sunday, June 1, 2014

DIY iPad Cover

Ok I have said before that I have obsessive tendencies when it comes to my Apple products. I love my iPhone and I love my iPhone covers.  They are an extension of me and what's on the inside.  I pretty much feel the same about my iPad.  However, cases and covers get expensive.  ( I like to change mine on a regular basis :) )

I have been looking for a good idea for a DIY iPad case and I really love this one.  It's sturdy and looks quite professional.  AND..... it only cost me $2.50 for the material.  I had the glue and other supplies already on hand but even if you had to go out and purchase all the supplies you are still saving a ton for a cute accessory!

Items Needed For This Project:

  • Hard back book:  I went on a paroozle of my books but if you don't have any you want to pick apart I highly suggest Goodwill.
  • 1/2 yd Fabric:  Fabrics shown in the pictures and video were purchased at Hobby Lobby.
  • Mod Podge: 
  • Spray Adhesive: (optional)  You could use Mod Podge instead.
  • Hot Glue Gun:  I recommend Hi Temp
  • Elastic:  I used 1/4" width
  • Matt Board:  size will depend on the size of your tablet.  (see video) You can purchase in the framing department at Hobby stores. Another suggestion would be to recycle the back of an old frame.  
  • Misc: ruler, scissors, marker, xacto knife









Please share your finished project photos with me!  Click on my social media links at the top of this page!



No comments:

Post a Comment