My Button!

Followers

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Attention Dishwashers!

Last month, I had the opportunity to travel to Cincinatti and take part in the #CascadeBloggerDay and #KitchenDishCouncil.  You may have seen some crazy tweets from me and wondered, "What in the world"? As it turns out, I learned so many interesting and useful facts about dishwashing that I want to share with you!  

It all started with an invitation to be part of a Cascade Kitchen Dish Council.  I wanted to be part of something that is important to me as a mom.  As part of the trip, I got to meet a bunch of wonderful & fun mom bloggers, stay in a pretty swanky hotel, 
and eat some yummy food for a couple of days. 

My favorite part about the trip was getting to tour the P&G Archives.  I personally love antiques and history, so I absorbed all of it with great delight.  I wish I could share all of the amazing things I learned.  I even told them that they really needed a public version or museum because they truly have some interesting history that all of you would love to see.




Throughout, the day we participated in all kinds of demonstrations, 
experiments, and discussions.  






What does all of this mean to YOU? There are some things that most of us are doing wrong in our dish washing.  There is time and water to be saved!  
Cascade teamed up with Marie Claire and did some research 
that you should know.  Read the full article here.

Key Findings:  "Survey Proves People Need to Stop 'Dish-Wasting' 
their Valuable Time and Skip the Pre-Wash!
  • 89% of those surveyed did not realize that most dishwashers feature a garbage disposal.
  • Nearly half (46%) of survey respondents believe that skipping the pre-wash will lead to dirtier dishes. 
  • If people stop pre-washing, how would they spend that time they've saved?  Almost half of those surveyed (46%) said they'd spend it shopping on line. ( I like to think we would use that time reading blogs and viewing YouTube as well ;)  ) 
Now that you know you don't know need to pre-wash let me give you a few tips to loading the dishwasher to maximize sparkly clean dishes every time you wash!  


Check out what my fellow Mom Bloggers had to say about the experience.  Each of us retain and explain things differently so please check them out too! #kitchendishcouncil




What are YOU going to do with all of your extra time? 
Share your comments and questions below!

No comments:

Post a Comment