My Button!

Followers

Monday, June 25, 2012

How To Make Alka-Seltzer Rockets

This idea has been a family favorite for several years.  I like this mainly because the kids get the "big bang" without fire.  It is so easy and fairly inexpensive for a really fun summer activity. 


Items Needed For This Project:

  • Film canister:  I had to go to several stores before I found one that still processes 35mm film.  WalMart and Target send theirs out of the store now.  I found mine at Walgreens.  I just ask at the photo counter if I can have the canisters they are throwing away.  *The white fuji canisters work best!
  • Alka Seltzer: I bought mine at WalMart.  These can be found everywhere.  My box of 36 was about $3.  You break the tablets into 4 per tablet to get more rockets!
  • Warm Water: Enough to fill the canisters half full for each rocket. 

I have seen a few websites where they have made the canister look like a rocket.  You can have all kinds of fun personalizing your canisters.  Have fun this summer!






No comments:

Post a Comment