My Button!

Followers

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

DIY Jenny's Hair

Every week I have requests for a tutorial on my hair.  I have put it off for so long because I'm not the hair guru.  However, now I'm getting requests for tutorials on my daughters hair as well.  Since we use the same irons I decided to give it a go.  

Disclaimer:  I'm not a professional, I am simply sharing my hair routine.

Products I use:
  • Bed Head "Epic Volume" Shampoo & Conditioner and/or "Hi Def Curls" Shampoo & Conditioner
  • Bed Head "Totally Baked" Volumizing & Prepping Meringue
  • Bed Head "Sugar Dust"
  • Bed Head "Glaze Haze"
  • sexy hair "Healthy Sexy Hair" hairspray
  • sexy hair "Big Sexy Hair" hairspray
  • Hot Tools "Deep V Waver"
  • nuMe Curling Wand
  • Chi flat iron
Normally I wash my hair every third day.  I use one of the above shampoos & conditioner.  I then apply the volumizing prepping meringue.  Next, I dry my hair with hair dryer.  

When hair is all dry I first style my bangs using my chi flat iron.  I use a bit of "Sugar Dust" and a bit of hairspray. 

Depending on my mood or time available I choose a waver or wand.  Start by sectioning your hair and spritzing a light hairspray to help set your curls/waves.  (I don't use a hairspray when straightening my hair until the end.  Then I use a light spray to control the fly aways.) Continue section by section until all your hair is finished.

Next I shake out the curls.  Add "glaze haze" to the tips of my hair as I show in the video.  And finish with my Big Sexy Hairspray.  I cannot say enough about that hairspray.  I love love it!

On days 2 and 3 after shampooing, I just touch up hair that went straight or flat.  Sometimes a ponytail or hat works as well.  My hair is so heavy ponytails give me a headache really fast.  I really love hats.  I have some favorites that my daughters are embarrassed by.  What is up with that?  I'm not embarrassing? Hee Hee.  

Hot Tools Deep V Waver

NuMe Curling Wand

Hat Day!

Daughter #2 Deep V Waver



TIP:
A few years ago I went to a girls only party at a friends house.  We had yummy treats, wore jammies, and talked about everyones favorite beauty products all night long.  We brought our make up and hair styling tools for a long night of sharing and styling.  It was the best night ever!  I learned so much from my friends.  Everyone uses different tools and techniques, it was so fun to share and laugh.  It's been awhile, I'm ready to do it again!



1 comment: