My Button!

Followers

Monday, September 10, 2012

DIY Lace Ribbon Headband

The Lace trend is on its second year and I am still so in love with it!  I saw a picture of a headband idea and it screamed "cute" to me.  This is a fairly easy project.  

Items Needed For This Project:


  • Grosgrain Ribbon:  I like to get mine at Hobby Lobby because they often have it 50% off.  If not I can use online coupon instead.  Other stores that carry ribbon: Wal Mart, Michaels, Joann, etc. I cut mine 56 inches and it was perfect.
  • Lace Applique:  I found some at Joann by the yard.  But I had to check a few other local Fabric stores to find one that carried more Bridal Lace.  If you don't find a store near you with the right lace try Etsy and search "Lace Applique".  I found lots there for reasonable prices.
  • Glue Gun & Glue
  • Stiffy Stuff:  Found at Michaels but most craft or fabric stores will carry it.  
  • Scissors & Flame or Lighter




I also wanted to mention that you don't necessarily have to attach your lace to ribbon.  You could use a regular headband as well.  If lace isn't for you; you will notice at the fabric stores a huge variety of trims that would make adorable headbands.

Have Fun!


 

2 comments:

  1. I like to see more videos all kind of thing. And thing to made. And to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to hear about all kind of thing. And place.Thing peploe SAD And to all the time. Thing are chaning. And we need to know. About then.

    ReplyDelete