My Button!

Followers

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

This week the temperature dropped into the 50's.  I bought my first hot cocoa for the season and made my first batch of Pumpkin Bread!  In the Fall spirit I decided to share another of my favorite things.


Items Needed For This Baking Project:

  • Pillsbury Pumpkin Quick Bread Mix:  I found at my local grocery store on the baking isle with flour, sugar, bread mixes, etc.
  • Chocolate Chips
  • Topping Ingredients:  See recipe below






Oatmeal Topping Recipe

2 cups Quick Oats
1 cup  Sugar
1/2 cup Flour
1 cup Butter softened
1 tsp Cinnamon

Makes enough for 2-3 loaves of bread


I like to make a few loaves at a time.  I usually freeze the unused.  Simply wrap your bread in plastic wrap, label, and freeze!  I label so I don't for get when it was made.  

Serving Tip!
You get nice pretty slices if you cut your bread when it is about half thawed from the freezer.  Even if I am going to eat or serve mine in just a day or two I will go ahead and freeze for best results.  




No comments:

Post a Comment