My Button!

Followers

Monday, October 1, 2012

DIY Caramel Apples

I don't know about you but I am total in Fall mode!  I am ready for soup, breads, pie and all things pumpkin.  It seems caramel apples have been on my mind since I didn't get my yearly fix at the pumpkin patch.  

Lucky you!  I decided to share...

Items Needed For This Project:

  • Granny Smith Apples
  • Caramel:  I used Kraft Caramel Squares, you can make homemade if you desire.  Follow melting directions on the back of the Kraft Caramel Sq. package
  • Candy Sticks:  You can find these at any store that carries candy making supplies.  I found mine at Wal Mart.  They have them at Michaels, Hobby Lobby and Joann's.
  • Optional:  toppings: peanuts, toffee bits, chocolate, sprinkles, m&m's, etc...
                                       

 Caramel Apple Rolled in Chopped Peanuts


 Caramel Apple Rolled in Toffee Bits


Caramel Apple

I found that I prefer them kept in the refrigerator.  My only problem now is restraining myself from eating too many!  I love the caramel apple rolled in peanuts.... Yum!






No comments:

Post a Comment