My Button!

Followers

Monday, November 12, 2012

Salt Dough Jewelry or Gift Tag

I have seen so many ideas for use of Salt Dough.  I picked two of my favorite ideas to share here.  The possibilities are wide open with this.  I am really excited to keep trying this until I get really good at it.  This is one project that will only get better with practice.  Kinda like baking :)


Dough Recipe:

1 Cup Flour
1/2 cup Salt
1/2 cup Water


Mix together ingredients.  Bake shapes at 250 degrees for 2 hours.



Items Needed For This Project:


  • Salt Dough
  • Cookie Cutters:  Any shape you desire.  
  • Paint:  I used a few different.... in the end I prefer spray paint best.  In the video I show the Martha Stewart brand craft paint in the Metallic colors.  It worked but spray paint was better for the jewelry.  Martha Stewart craft paint can be found at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, & Joann's.
  • Optional:  string, ribbon for Necklace.






Additional Ideas!
I think these would be very cute with something stamped on them.  This would be cute just on the the original color without paint.  I plan to purchase a few stamps and try this out.  2.) Cut out letter shapes.  3.) Christmas tree ornaments. 

This is a very family friendly activity.  Good idea for mom's and kids!





No comments:

Post a Comment