My Button!

Followers

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Thank You Gifts!



School is out this week for my kids.  I really like to try to get their teachers a little something at the end of the year to say "thank you".   Teachers are very special people and have a great responsibility with our children.  We place our trust in these men and women who teach and care for our children.  My children are the most important things in my life and I'm thankful for the teachers in their lives.  


I know teachers probably receive lots of gifts over the years so I try to think about what would be useful and bring a smile.  Here are some ideas this year.





Monogramed Acrylic Cup: 
  • Cup:  I find these everywhere!  Grocery store, Target, Wal Mart, Hobby Stores, etc.
  • Vinyl Initial:  I bought a pack of the alphabet at Joann Fabric Etc. I have also seen them at Hobby Lobby and Michaels. If you know someone near you with a vinyl cutter that would be very handy!
  • Misc:  Ribbon, Scissors, Pen, Card stock, Scalloped Circle punch, Hole Punch, and Favorite Drink.




Plastic Paint Can:
  • Clear Plastic Paint Can:  I purchased mine at Michaels.  I have seen them at several different Hobby stores.  But you can use various containers or jars to get this look.  Be creative!
  • Treat:  fill your container with your teachers favorite treat!
  • Misc:  same items listed above for tags.
  • (Acrylic cup shown below same as cup above)


Nail Polish Gift: 
"I'd File You Under "A" For Awesome!"
"Thanks For Helping Me Polish My Skills!"
  • Nail polish:  Try to pick one you know they will like.  If you don't know for sure stick with something popular.  
  • Nail file:  I really wanted cute printed or colored files but had trouble finding them when I needed them.  The store I didn't try that I'm thinking would have them is Sally Beauty Supply.  I used black to coordinate with the polish lid and ribbon I knew I had.  
  • Cello bag:  I used the long pretzel bags found on the "Wilton" isle at Michaels, WalMart, or Joanns.
  • Misc:  Ribbon and same items listed above for making tags!


Tips that make a gift extra cute:
  • Find out what your recipient likes.  Give things you know they enjoy!
  • Match your gift wrap to your gift!







1 comment:

  1. Great gift item ideas. I am also thinking of something unique gift for my friend as a thank you gift basket and I think I have found what I am looking for here. thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete