My Button!

Followers

Sunday, January 12, 2014

DIY: Iron-on Heart Patches

I really enjoyed this project.  It was fun to try all different color combinations for a twist on Valentine fashion.  I'm not sure which is my favorite!

Items Needed For This Project (shown in video below) :

  • Tulip brand Glitter Iron-on Sheets:  I found these at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and Joanns.  They come in a variety of colors.  Don't forget your weekly coupon!
  • Pattern:  I found the heart shape I liked on Google Images and printed.  I wanted a couple different sizes so I adjusted that with my printer.  ( some printers can enlarge and shrink images using the 'copy' settings)
  • Scissors:  Make sure they are sharp. You don't want to wreck the glitter sheet.  
  • Iron & Ironing Board:  Iron will need to be set on high with the steam turned off.  Directions are on the back of the Package of glitter sheets.
  • Handkerchief or thin piece of material.
  • Sharpie or permanant marker for tracing pattern. 











For washing instructions:  follow the package instructions on the glitter sheets.  I would wash on cold and lay out to dry.  I have had an iron on lift a bit on the edges though laundry.  You can go back with iron and handkerchief and re-iron a little fix.  

I would love to see what you make!  Tag me on instagram, twitter, or Facebook.  Links at the top of this page.  

(Video will be added as soon as it is live today)

No comments:

Post a Comment