In classic mythology, Cupid is the God of desire, love, attraction and affection. A person struck by his arrow immediately falls in love.
I must have been struck by his arrows causing immediate love and affection for some project ideas I found. This year I am in love with the "bow & arrow" and hearts look. I have had such a flutter in my pulse, skip in my step & even a big cheesy grin while preparing and shopping for supplies.
Items Needed For Glitter Arrow w/ Feathers:
- Paint: I used craft paint but you can use spray paint as well. I used Black and Gold.
- Gold Glitter: This is optional
- Wooden Dowels: I found these at my local craft store. They have all different sizes. Just pick your preference. Length is at 12".
- Tape: I used what ever I had (wash-tape) in painting process.
- Ribbon: I used a black and white polka dot 1/2" grosgrain ribbon.
- Feathers: I got a pack of white, and black at my craft store.
- Felt or Card Stock: You can use regular felt but I found right next to the felt, some glitter canvas type paper. They also have glitter felt.
- Glue Gun: and glue sticks
- Small Heart Doilies: size will depend on your preferences.
- Misc: scissors, pencil, paint brush
These are what my daughter and I are making for her school party this year. We will probably add a chocolate heart to the valentine.
Items Needed For Heart & Arrow Bobbi Pins:
- Felt: You can use felt or I found a glitter canvas sheet with the felt at my local craft store.
- Bobbi Pins: I bought some larger pins in the jewelry section at my craft store. They also have a section to glue things to them. And…. they come in silver, gold, or bronze!
- Glue Gun & Glue
Jewelry Shown in video:
- Charms: Arrows, necklace, & earring piece purchased at Hobby Lobby. Heart is from Michaels. Lock & Key charms: Hobby Lobby
- Forever 21: rings, bracelets and necklace. All were between $1.80- $3.80 Awesome!