My Button!

Followers

Sunday, August 3, 2014

School Supplies 2014

I can't believe it is almost time to go back to school again!  This summer has literally flown by! We have had a super fun summer and made many great memories.  I am so thankful that I am able to spend time at home with my children.  It is truly a blessing.

I love to plan back to school "themes" with the kids.  It is something we have done together since all of my kids started school.  It is really a fun bonding & creative time for us! I am down to just my baby with this process.  Once they reach Middle School & High School were done.  It's not cool anymore.  

ITEMS NEEDED FOR NOTEBOOK TOTE:

  • Canvas Tote:  I used the natural color.  They come in white as well.  I purchased mine at Hobby Lobby but they can be found at Joann & Michaels as well for about $3 per bag.
  • Fine Tip Sharpies:  Light Blue & Red
  • Ruler & Pencil



I have seen this DIY idea for awhile and have been dying to try it.  Oh my heck!  This is so much cuter in person.  I thought this would be so cute to have Bella take all the things she donates to her classroom on "Meet the Teacher" night and then give the bag to her teacher.  

BACKPACK 

  • We purchased ours at Tilly's.  If you don't have a store near you look at their huge, adorable & affordable selection online.  http://www.tillys.com
  • Charms:  we added feather charms to the zippers.  I found adorable options in the jewelry or scrapbook sections.
  • Patches/Buttons:  patches and buttons can be found at most fabric or hobby stores. 

NOTEBOOKS/PENCIL POUCH/PENCIL CAN:
  • Composition Notebook
  • Scrapbook paper
  • Mod Podge
  • Misc: paint brush, scissors, stickers as adornments (found in scrapbook section of local hobby store)
  • Canvas Pencil Pouch:  I found several options at Hobby Lobby
  • Craft Paint:  Metallic Gold & Foam dotting tool (paint isle with craft paints)
  • Pencil Can:  empty soup can (any size)
  • Scrap Book Paper
  • Misc: Tape, scissors





FAUX CHALKBOARD NOTEBOOKS/BINDER:
  • Spiral Notebook:  I buy tons of the super cheap $.25 every year to last until they are on sale again next year! Target or WalMart 
  • Faux Chalkboard printed scrapbook paper:  The pack shown was purchased at Target
  • Misc: Mod Podge, scissors, paint brush
  • Black Binder with Clear Sleeve Front: purchased at Target but you can find them all over.  Target, WalMart, or Office Supply Stores.  



The US Map notebook is double covered.  First glue the stripe paper then cut out the map so it will fit on the notebook sideways.  

Frames on the Binder are cut out and glued on the polka dot paper.  Both are found in the pack of paper shown above from Target. 

  • For a tutorial on the custom notebook Mod Podge process watch my previous tutorial







2 comments:

  1. This looks so fun! I'm definitely gonna DIY some of my school supplies thus year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable DIY's !!! Your daughter is a year younger than me and she is very beautiful .Thanks for the cute ideas ;) <3 !!!!!

    ReplyDelete