My Button!

Followers

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sugar Skull Costume

This week I am really excited to share a Sugar Skull Costume with you.  This one was really fun to do.  I actually would have loved to paint all the face designs by hand but didn't know how many could manage that so I went for the quick and easy design.  I'm usually thankful for the "quick" when it comes down to getting dressed anyway.  

Items Needed For This Costume:

  • Dress: I purchased a "Little Red Riding Hood" costume from Party City.  I noticed this same costume is sold at tons of other sites.  Spirit Halloween, Chasing Fireflies, are a couple. I loved that it looked like a Mexican style dress with the velvet and lace.  I also thought you could wear a red or black dress if you have one already in your closet! Perhaps an old Homecoming or Prom dress?  
  • Floral Headband:  I got this at Claire's but it could easily have been made if you have supplies.
  • Face Stickers: Claire's Halloween Item.
  • Earrings:  Claire's Halloween Item.
  • Face Paint:  I got Snazaroo brand paint at Michaels.  I hate the cheap stuff they sell with costumes.  It is terrible to work with and looks awful.  I once asked the face painters at Disneyland what brand they used and ordered my own.  I love the Snazaroo brand.  Its works so well and lasts forever.  I used my 50% off coupon making my kit the same price as the cheap stuff in the Halloween section.  
  • Misc:  Craft brushes for face paint, eye lash glue ( if needed for face stickers )


Hair:  I started by parting the hair to one side.  I did a reverse french braid starting on the part and angled down and around to the other ear & secured with a rubber band. Pancake (or loosen) the braid dramatically.   The remaining hair was secured into a messy bun.  For hair tutorials like this one go to cutegirlshairstyles 











1 comment:

  1. Jenny, So excited that you uploaded beautiful Bella. Amazing costume and AMAZING photos! TFS. ~Jess (peachbeaches)

    ReplyDelete