My Button!

Followers

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Young Maleficent Inspired Costume

This week's costume idea is by far my favorite in years!  I can't explain why except that perhaps it is so my style? Anyway, I am in love.  I hope that all my tips and tricks are helpful for you to create your own Young Maleficent.  
It was not our intention to duplicate Young Maleficent exactly.  It would have involved sewing (which I can do) but I didn't think the bulk of people would be able do that.  With that in mind our goal was to create a similar look with things we could find for sale in our area.  
ITEMS NEEDED FOR THIS COSTUME:

  • Lace Dress: We found several that would work at Target.  Try Forever 21 or H&M also.  
  • Green Footless Tights:  I found these at Target for $3
  • Beaded Necklace:  Young Maleficent had a similar necklace so I bought a roll of waxed linen string and wooden beads.  All I did was tie a knot, place the bead, and tie another knot to keep it in place.  You can space to your liking.  
  • Small Pouch Purse:  I found a really cute kit at Hobby Lobby for $10.  I used my 40% off coupon.  
  • Feather Wings:  I bought white/cream at a Halloween store for $15.  Then I bought packs of cheap feathers (brown, cream, pale pink) and glued (hot glue gun) them on the wings.  
  • Antler Headband:  I bought some antlers at an antique store and a headband and flowers at craft store.  My husband cut the antlers the size I marked and then drilled a hole through the headband and antlers.  He then placed a screw from the under side of the headband up through the antlers to secure them.  After that it was my turn for the beautification.  I painted the tips gold and glued paper flowers on.  Not many will be able to tackle that process so if you fall into that category try Etsy.  There are several stores that make and sell them.  Simply go to Etsy and do a search for "antler headbands" for all kinds of options.  
  • Make up:  See video for instructions and products used.  
  • Shoes:  We used an existing pair of nude ballet flats.  












2 comments:

  1. I would wear those antlers and wings everyday! Kidding! (Not kidding!) ;) Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week's costume idea is by far my favorite in years! I can't explain why except that perhaps it is so my style? Anyway, I am in love. I hope ... cmaleficent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete