My Button!

Followers

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Confetti Candle DIY

Recently I found this super cute idea (here) that I thought would be great for Christmas gifts.  Heck it is perfect for all year long!  It is really simple but cute and right up my alley.

Items Needed For This Project:
- Jar:  I found all kinds of shapes and sizes at Hobby Lobby of course 50% made them so affordable.  Options:  try mason jars, the dollar store or recycle old jars to keep cost low.
- Wax:  They have candle making supplies at Michaels, Joann, and Hobby Lobby.  I prefer Hobby Lobby supplies as I can use a coupon every time and they had a better supply. I got the lb bag marked $9.99 and used my 40% off coupon.  
- Wick:  Make sure it is the right size for the container you choose.  Purchase at same stores as wax.
- Fragrance:  Best part of making your own!  I used sugar cookie and vanilla for my candles.  Purchase with wax and wicks.
- Confetti Sprinkles:  I bought a big tub at Wal Mart in the baking isle.  Any sprinkles should work.  
- Misc: Scissors, Hot Glue Gun, Karo Syrup, Craft Brush, Tape, & Pencil.







 Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you made the funfetti candles and that they worked out for you! I got several comments on my blog about the sprinkles sinking to the bottom. Yours look so great!

    --Beth from bethcakes.com

    ReplyDelete