My Button!

Followers

Monday, January 19, 2015

Sugar Lips Pillow

For awhile I have seen some really cute stencils at my craft stores.  I have been trying to figure out where I could use them and I finally figured out the perfect use for one!  
I'm talking about 'Tulip' brand large stencils.  I found them at Hobby Lobby and Michaels.  Everything you need to get started is displayed together.  

Supplies Needed For This Project:

-  Stencil:  There are such cute stencils to choose from I am thinking about what I can do next.  But for Valentine's Day I love the giant LIPS!
-  Paint:  Depending on the project you are doing you will need either craft paint or fabric paint.  Fabric paint works better if you are going to be washing the material a lot.  Craft paint is perfect for things that probably won't get washed.  ( Although I wash craft paint items... it fades a little but still looks pretty good.  You decide!)
-  Spray Adhesive:  They sell their brand with the stencils & paint but I swear you could use any spray adhesive.  
-  Roller:  I decided to buy the 'Tulip' brand roller.  I'm glad I did with this stencil.  It worked really well.  
-  Glitter:  Totally optional!  But you can't get 'Sugar Lips' without it!  Ha Ha!  I used extra fine glitter.  Any brand works.  
-  Pillowcase or Pillow Cover:  When you go to Hobby Lobby they have all kinds of things displayed to stencil.  Bags, Placemats, Napkins, Pillows, etc.  Loved them all.  I stenciled a tote as well.  I have a mild tote obsession/problem.  

Additional Information:

-   Tulip Website  You can see where their supplies are sold near you or order online.  (I was not paid to share this info.  I just love these stencils! )

-  Make sure to put a piece of paper or cardboard between layers of fabric ( such as a pillowcase ) to prevent paint from bleeding through.  

-  The chevron pillow shown is from Hobby Lobby.  Back by the Fabric there is an isle that has tons of pillow covers.  They are cute and cheap!












No comments:

Post a Comment