I'm talking about 'Tulip' brand large stencils. I found them at Hobby Lobby and Michaels. Everything you need to get started is displayed together.
Supplies Needed For This Project:
- Stencil: There are such cute stencils to choose from I am thinking about what I can do next. But for Valentine's Day I love the giant LIPS!
- Paint: Depending on the project you are doing you will need either craft paint or fabric paint. Fabric paint works better if you are going to be washing the material a lot. Craft paint is perfect for things that probably won't get washed. ( Although I wash craft paint items... it fades a little but still looks pretty good. You decide!)
- Spray Adhesive: They sell their brand with the stencils & paint but I swear you could use any spray adhesive.
- Roller: I decided to buy the 'Tulip' brand roller. I'm glad I did with this stencil. It worked really well.
- Glitter: Totally optional! But you can't get 'Sugar Lips' without it! Ha Ha! I used extra fine glitter. Any brand works.
- Pillowcase or Pillow Cover: When you go to Hobby Lobby they have all kinds of things displayed to stencil. Bags, Placemats, Napkins, Pillows, etc. Loved them all. I stenciled a tote as well. I have a mild tote obsession/problem.
- Tulip Website You can see where their supplies are sold near you or order online. (I was not paid to share this info. I just love these stencils! )
- Make sure to put a piece of paper or cardboard between layers of fabric ( such as a pillowcase ) to prevent paint from bleeding through.
- The chevron pillow shown is from Hobby Lobby. Back by the Fabric there is an isle that has tons of pillow covers. They are cute and cheap!